Voormalig Hoofdkantoor van de Koninklijke Luchtmacht
in The Hague
Bidbooks can only be ordered in the Dutch language. We recommend cooperating with a Dutch partner for more information. Contact us for more information and/or translations.
Current use: In temporary use as a centre for dance, music, sport and exercise; partly vacant (anti-squat occupants)
Designated use: Office
Surface (GFA): approx. 41,740 m²
Size of plot: 2.35.33 ha
For sale: former headquarters of the Royal Air Force in The Hague
The Central Government Real Estate Agency offers for sale, with pre-selection of interested parties, the former headquarters of the Royal Air Force in The Hague, located at Binckhorstlaan 135–137 in The Hague.
This former office building consists of two sections and has a GLA of approximately 41,740 m2.
The plot has an area of 23,533 m2, including on-site parking facilities for approximately 325 vehicles. A unique redevelopment opportunity in a central location in the Binckhorst district of The Hague, in an area known as the Trekvliet zone. The location is easily accessible both by car and public transport.
The Binckhorst district was originally developed by the municipality of The Hague as an area of the city for craftsmen and industrial activity. The municipality is now planning a dynamic and organic process of redevelopment in the district. The main function of the district will be residential. This creates enormous potential for the redevelopment of this site. The construction of the new road link to Rotterdam will also help to rejuvenate the area. The municipality is currently drafting its proposals for redevelopment opportunities in the area. These will become available in mid-March 2017.
The site is currently being used by Motus, which operates in one section of the property under the name MOOOF - a total concept that is providing temporary accommodation for groups, individuals, companies and organizations in the fields of dance, music, sport and exercise.
The Hague’s two main railway stations (Den Haag Holland Spoor and Den Haag Centraal) are both located around two kilometres from the site. Given the planned redevelopment of the Binckhorst area, the site’s beautiful location on the Trekvliet, its easy access to motorways and its proximity to the city centre, this property certainly has plenty of development potential.
The sale will proceed on the basis of a public tender procedure with a pre-selection phase. As soon as interested parties have expressed their wish to place a bid, an assessment will be made of their compliance with the requirements relating to the tender. The parties that are admitted may then place a bid. The Central Government Real Estate Agency allows for both conditional and unconditional bids to be submitted, but will only accept conditions concerning the acquisition of financing and/or spatial planning aspects in relation to the property.
The sale process is divided into two separate phases. The selection phase and the bidding phase. Below is an overview of the key dates in both these phases:
I. Selection phase
- The bid book will be available to order from the Central Government Real Estate Agency from Tuesday 21 February 2017. This will involve digital acceptance of the terms of the ‘Confidentiality and Integrity Statement and Disclaimer’ form and a payment of €75.
- Viewings will take place on Thursday 16 March 2017, Thursday 30 March 2017 and Tuesday 25 April 2017. Applicants and participants must register for these viewings online via the bid book webpage: www.biedboek.nl.
Information evenings will be held, organized by Motus B.V., on dates yet to be determined. These walk-in sessions will include an explanation given by Motus of the concept and operation of MOOOF. It is not necessary to register for these information evenings.
3) During the sale procedure, starting on Tuesday 21 February 2017 and no later than 11:00 on Thursday 13 April 2017, interested parties may give notice of their interest in participation by submitting the registration form and accompanying documents to the notary.
II Bidding phase (sale by public tender)
- participants are to place their bids no later than 11:00 on Thursday 11 May 2017.
- contract granted on Thursday 22 June 2017.
- purchasing agreement no later than three (3) weeks after the contract is granted.
- payment or bank guarantee within two (2) weeks after signing the purchasing agreement
Request bid book
Transfer (current state)